Friday, November 16, 2012

150 first dates

I've been on 150 first dates. No seriously. I have been wanting to write a book on this little feat of mine. I think I will start with writing a blog a day, everyday for 150 days.



Let's start out by describing me a bit, so you realize that this is a phenomenon in itself that a girl like me has gotten that many dates. In the looks department I am completely average. I am a bit on the tall side ( 5'7), normal weight with curves and no boobs. Yep, no shame here. I have green eyes, redish hair. 

I probably painted a hideous picture of myself, which is cool. I am just trying to prove that I did not score all of these dates because I am a total babe. On the babe-o-meter I am probably closer to Ruth. I am just a girl who for some reason or another has been on more first dates than anyone she's ever met.

Date #1:

I was a really awkward girl in highschool. Not Micheal Scott awkward, thank god, but still enough that thinking back I sometimes shudder to think of myself then. My first date was with a guy named Alex, whom I still find entirely endearing. I was a freshman at the time, and he was a Junior. I first met him at his place of work, which at the time was Target. He had a smile that made my inner school girl melt, and my outterschool girl make really awkward jokes in hopes he would think I was funny. This will be an on going theme for probably the rest of my life. This was the era of Myspace, circa 2006. So naturally I stalked him, added him and sent that cutie a message. To my surprise, he seemed pretty into me. I probably blushed for at least a week when he called me cute. So, after putting in some intense man hours at my computer, slaving away on the keyboard typing out witty messages and subtle flirty comments, I decided to make my move. Little did I know I would be doing this a lot in my life. I asked him to see a movie. Mother fucker said yes (insert a picture of me doing a happy dance in your head now). This was INSANE, a cute guy agreed to see a movie with awkward freshman me? I was thrilled. First I had to come up with an awesome lie to tell my mother, for I was not allowed to date. So after  I sold my soul to the devil, I got ready for my date. He was going to pick me up at 8. I tried not to act frazzled as I left the house, but I am pretty sure I about peed myself when he got there. We went and saw ultra violet, and the theater was entirely too cold so he gave me his jacket. Yeah, I was in love. After the date he drove me home, I had to be back by 11. I looked  him straight in his chocolate brown eyes and asked if it would be okay if I kissed him. Don't worry, it totally was. I then proceeded to kiss him right on the mouth, with my mouth. It was a little peck, but still made me feel like I was frolicking in clouds. So giddy Megan skipped all the way to her room, and it was that was the start of my first date addiction.



I was dressed like a clown for my second date. Stayed tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment